Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bike Rider

A friend of mine in NYC let me borrow her Diamondback Century Hybrid bike last weekend. I moved some furniture around and was able to fit it in my tiny 9x9 room.  I gave my body about 2 weeks to recover the Steamtown marathon by doing very little physical activity.  My foot swelled some after the race and I had some swelling last week.  Friday night, I went for a 3 mile jog through Park Slope and felt pretty good. However, yesterday morning, I woke up to terrible pain in my right foot.  After icing several times yesterday morning and taking advil, the pain subsided, but it was still evident. This morning, I woke up to pain once again my foot but not as severe as yesterday.  This is the same foot that I had a significant injury too on January 1. Unfortunately, I am not going to run until getting approval from a doctor. I am going to try and find a sports med/podiatrist this week.

It was such a gorgeous day today, I couldn't just stay inside--so I rode for the first time in Manhattan. I rode to the Manhattan Bridge and cut across the island through Greenwich Village to the West Side Hwy, where I had some great views of Jersey City.  I rode back home via the Brooklyn Bridge (which I hated doing on a weekend).  The Brooklyn Bridge is packed with tourists on weekends and my patience dwindles when they suddenly stop to take pictures, walk on the wrong side of the path, and walk 4 people across the path.  It was a great way to spend 3 hours of my Sunday afternoon.  Just another reason why i love NYC....                                                            

No comments: