Wednesday, October 22, 2008

marathon!


I ran the Steamtown Marathon in Scranton, PA October 12 with Theo, Keith, and Shaun.  Theo's wife and three of our friends drove out to Scranton with us to support and cheer us on.  It was gorgeous!

I finished 3rd in my age group, qualifying for Boston with a time of 3 hours, 22 minutes and 18 seconds. Keith finished at 3 hours 35 min, Theo at 4 hours 2 min, and Shaun at 4 hours 11 min. 

The race was a lot of fun and pretty. The crowd support was fantastic and people were so enthusiastic when we would run through their towns.  The last 3 miles of the marathon were the toughest part of the race with hills. 

Going to take the next few weeks off of running and letting my body recover and let me foot heal (the one I broke has been swollen since the race).  Then training for Boston will take place!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

As I said on your Facebook page, you are FREAKIN' AWESOME! I'm so impressed and proud to say I know you! :)

I just now read which marathon it was. I am a little jealous you were in Scranton, as it's the (fictional) location of my favorite TV show, The Office! (I'd be really jealous if the show was actually filmed there!)