Monday, September 29, 2008

Tough Week

Last week was rough--I pushed my body too hard last Sunday during the 1/2 marathon and then paid for it.  Muscles acted up and it was really hard to walk. My leg and side were constantly spasming.  Baclofen really helped the spasms and allowed me to at least function during the day. Spent Saturday inside the entire day just resting and then attempted to go for a walk.  However, the arms and legs were incredibly weak. 

Last week made me angry.  I hated that I was unable to run and do other activities that I would have wanted to do. I was angry that my body was acting the way it was.  

I was in New Paltz, NY yesterday afternoon and was able to spend some good time at a coffee shop journalling and getting my thoughts and feelings out. I was also able to spend some time in prayer, which I realized I lacked all week. 

This week is already off to a better start....only taken one pill today and my legs are co-operating!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's gotta be so frustrating. I'm glad this week is starting off better.